Skip to main content

Bank Transactions Phone Scam

 


Today I received a phone call from a mobile phone number. 

When I picked up, it was a very professional typical voice answering system that sounds similar to those used by large companies…

The message said that there are many transactions being made in my account and that I should press 1 to speak to a customer service officer.

By now I already suspected they it is a scam mainly because my corporate  phone that received this call  is NOT LINKED to any bank.

Out of curiosity, I pressed 1. So it went to another audio that said their lines are busy and that I should hold the line.

Then someone picked up the phone and in a Singaporean accent asked “Good morning, how may I help you..”

I was pretty amazed!!!

But so that they cannot record my voice. I hung up after I took a screen capture of the number.

Then i called my bank to check that no transactions were  made to my account and reported this to them. I asked the bank what was the right thing to go the next time and the bank officer said:

1) take down the number that call you so they can investigate

2) call your bank immediately to double check if any transactions were made 

3) always remember not to give out your personal details if they call you. They are not supposed to ask u for your details or even your code or pin.

Always be vigilant! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating App Scams

I was trying to start dating again after a failed relationship and some friends suggested using a dating app. Turns out that that was the BEST and also the WORST suggestion ever. The BEST because I did eventually find Mr Right on the app.. BUT, not before I met tonnes of scammers online. While I didnt lose any money, it was an absolute waste of time and energy for me and it was such hard work to filter them out! I really almost gave up! Anyway, I thought since I already put in the work, why not share my FINDINGS and SOP so other women who are interested in dating online can benefit from it? Once you have decided which app you will like to use, one of the most important things is the profile that you put up. Do take note to avoid the following things: Do not tell them upfront if you are widowed or divorced or recently broken up (scammers love people with these profiles so you end up wasting alot more time) Do not put just a "pretty photo" and do not use any photo w

Why scammers make grammer mistakes

 Read an interesting article today and it explained in detail why scammers make spellling and grammatical errors ON PURPOSE! 😂 Sharing with you here..  Enjoy!  https://josephsteinberg.com/why-scammers-make-spelling-and-grammar-mistakes/?fbclid=IwAR0u6cOB0EOQjquMxdlVw1IJfYRPtZQZNGXVEBjO8fzrgji_dRyDXcwwGlU