Skip to main content

New Ministry of Health (MOH) Scam

Today, an idiot called me and told me that he is from MOH..

Number one, he used my dialect name but pronounced it in mandarin and pronounced my surname as the last word.. which is sala already.

Scam alert, he speaks mandarin. He speaks with an accent and it sounds like he is from China.

He asked me if I had sent in a package from overseas.

I replied, "Even if I did, what has it got to do with MOH?"

He said that the package contained banned medication and would like to find out more like why I did that.

I asked him if he can speak english. 

He said he can but he cannot use english because this is CHINESE department of MOH.

I told him my mother say speak chinese one is scam... LOL

Immediately someone else came and took over and said this really is MOH, I should check their number online and we can see this is MOH hotline number.

I told them dont waste my time and hang up.

He called me back again and asked me to check MOH number. (which checks out as their general hotline number) and kept asking me why I think they are a scam... (the audacity of it!) even asked me to provide feedback about what they did wrong.




I told him:

  1. My mother say... speak mandarin confirm scam!:) (Ok my mother didnt say that but i am sure she thinks that too)
  2. Singapore MOH will call you and default speak english... only if you cannot speak english, they try other languages
  3. I was born at night but not last night.. MOH does not have a chinese department
  4. MOH will not call u using their general hotline number, they will use individual DID one okie

But he non stop went on and on and today, I am not in a mood to entertain or be nice.... so I told him... or rather SCREAMED AT HIM because he doesnt want to listen to me and keeps on going about his script.
  1. Stop wasting my time, I am not interested
  2. And he should know... cheating people of their money will reap KARMA

So he said, "Ok, if you dont listen, we are going to formally send you legal documents..."

I am like.. BE MY GUEST! THANK YOU.

Anyway friends, be careful of this new pattern scam. I am sure they will tell you to send money to verify the medication blah blah blah blah... Or they will ask you for some personal info that will put your credit card at risk. 

As long as they tell you MOH and Chinese Department, you can very well just hang up and save yourself some time.

Update on 10 May 2023: the voice they have now for the MOH scam and the “you have a parcel to collect” scam now has Singaporean accent!!! I think they using AI … but their script still the same ya. Just always hang up to be safe!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bank Transactions Phone Scam

  Today I received a phone call from a mobile phone number.  When I picked up, it was a very professional typical voice answering system that sounds similar to those used by large companies… The message said that there are many transactions being made in my account and that I should press 1 to speak to a customer service officer. By now I already suspected they it is a scam mainly because my corporate  phone that received this call  is NOT LINKED to any bank. Out of curiosity, I pressed 1. So it went to another audio that said their lines are busy and that I should hold the line. Then someone picked up the phone and in a Singaporean accent asked “Good morning, how may I help you..” I was pretty amazed!!! But so that they cannot record my voice. I hung up after I took a screen capture of the number. Then i called my bank to check that no transactions were  made to my account and reported this to them. I asked the bank what was the right thing to go the next time and the bank officer sai

Dating App Scams

I was trying to start dating again after a failed relationship and some friends suggested using a dating app. Turns out that that was the BEST and also the WORST suggestion ever. The BEST because I did eventually find Mr Right on the app.. BUT, not before I met tonnes of scammers online. While I didnt lose any money, it was an absolute waste of time and energy for me and it was such hard work to filter them out! I really almost gave up! Anyway, I thought since I already put in the work, why not share my FINDINGS and SOP so other women who are interested in dating online can benefit from it? Once you have decided which app you will like to use, one of the most important things is the profile that you put up. Do take note to avoid the following things: Do not tell them upfront if you are widowed or divorced or recently broken up (scammers love people with these profiles so you end up wasting alot more time) Do not put just a "pretty photo" and do not use any photo w

Why scammers make grammer mistakes

 Read an interesting article today and it explained in detail why scammers make spellling and grammatical errors ON PURPOSE! 😂 Sharing with you here..  Enjoy!  https://josephsteinberg.com/why-scammers-make-spelling-and-grammar-mistakes/?fbclid=IwAR0u6cOB0EOQjquMxdlVw1IJfYRPtZQZNGXVEBjO8fzrgji_dRyDXcwwGlU